A collection of photos made by a group of stakeholders that relates to a chosen theme(s). The images are collected daily for the duration of a week.
The photos with captions allow you to look through the eyes of your target group: seeing the underlying beliefs, values and norms that play an important role in daily life.
1. Start by selecting 1-3 themes for the pictures. The theme should be related to your design challenge or vision. It is best when they are not too specific or give too much direction.
2. Define a channel to share the pictures and be in contact with the group of participants (Whatsapp Group or Facebook group)
3. Taking and sharing pictures:
• Participants will take and share pictures related to the theme(s) every day for 7 days.
• Participants add a description when uploading every picture that explains why they think it relates to the theme. Any picture is good: there is no right or wrong picture.
Keep the motivated to share everyday by posting questions, compliments and reminders.
4. By the end of the week, you start to review all the photos and start looking for insights and patterns. This is best done by printing them, but it can also be done by placing them on a document next to each other.
If possible, do the analyses of the images with the participants. Start by reflecting on the process: was there anything they learnt. Did they notice they started to look at their environment differently?
The images you have collected give you both a good overview of the context in which you are working, but it will also allow you to better understand the perspective of your target group. Use these pictures to inform your insights during the research phase.
We would like to know how you experience how you used our tools.
Share with us your experiences and filled out worksheets.
Email us at: email@example.com