A format to guide and capture the testing of your prototype with real users through observation and by collecting user feedback.
User testing helps to adjust your solution before investing a lot of time and money in the full development of your idea. It will help you to validate your assumptions. You will find out how user-friendly your solution is and how satisfied users with the experience you offer.
1. Select at least 3 user representatives of your target group to take part in user testing by interacting with a prototype you created.
2. The testers should not need to prepare anything for the testing and it’s best not to share too much about the objective of your solution beforehand. Make sure that the testers know that they will not be judged by their feedback - whether positive or negative. You can work with an independent facilitator to ensure that testers share honest feedback.
3. A facilitator (this can be you or someone independent) should guide the testers through the user testing. Ask testers to think aloud as they test your product or service so these thoughts can also be captured. The facilitator will capture the interaction and only support where necessary. It’s important not to tell people what they are supposed to do.
4. Observe and capture the actions, reasoning and emotions of the person that is testing your prototype. Use the worksheet to do this. Here you describe what you see happen and how you interpret these actions.
5. Interview the tester to get more details about their experience and feedback. At this moment, it is important to create a safe space for the tester and for you to be open to receiving negative feedback as well.
This tool helps validate if your idea fulfills the objectives and assumptions you set out to achieve. The feedback from the testing should serve to improve your solution. Hence, after your testing, you should make sure to integrate the users’ feedback into your product or service and ideally, test it again.
We would like to know how you experience how you used our tools.
Share with us your experiences and filled out worksheets.
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org